Thursday, February 08, 2007

We Love our Wii!

It's 1:00 AM, Jim and I should sooooo be in bed, but Caitlin has *finally* found an application for her favorite fight-move ever: the windmill.

Flail arms in a rotating motion, like pasties tassels at a cabaret. Repeat.
Jim remarks that I'm sure doing a lot of killing to all that air.
"The grass, too!" I point out with smug satisfaction.

The Wii manual says that I can roll the nunchuck (left handheld, which is attached to the right-hand remote by a cable) side-to-side while swinging the right-hand remote back and forth to effect a spinning sweep attack.
Windmill!

I windmill so vigorously, I pull the cables between my handhelds taut. Little shop of horrors biting plants explode before they can come up out of the tall grass. Swamp goblins and flying bats and rats explode in flashes of light. I mow the tall grass flat. Instead of turning on my lantern, I windmill down long dark tunnels, holding down the Z-key to auto-target enemies. I beat the walls and the floor and the lighting fixtures and the ever-present grass clumps.

Jim sighs in disgust at my complete lack of finesse.
Ha HA! Am I enjoying this game targeted at probably thirteen-year-olds? Hell yeah! Is my horse name a dirty euphemism? Darn Straight!

"Oh hi Caitlin, I washed [euphemism] for you." Coos the girl at the lake, whom I can tell by the lighting and music and her giant eyelashes that my big-eyed extra manly teen character is sweet on.
Ahh, now that's how you play the game. :)

Thanks Kagan & Alexe, I know we've been awful about thank-you notes, but we really are enjoying it. Thank you notes are in the works for everyone, I swear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought "generation gap " was unfortunate but inevitable . However , this tops it all !!!
To a foreigner , that bit of data in this last log is frightening since totally incomprehensible !!!
I invented the windmill fighting method however ...
Try to read this while imagening you havn't a clue about what a wii is and remember the exploits of an insane Don Quichote De La Mancha !@#$%^&*()_.Not even Chinese to me rather Pakistanese . You are still sane ,YES !!!???
Maman C is totally baffled . God still loves you , Love . maman

BALTHAZAR said...

Mama, the Wii is a game system, like the playstation. You plug it into the TV and use a pair of remotes to play games. The game I'm playing has a village and a horse and people and you move your dude around inside the game by pushing the arrows on the remote control. To sword fight, you literally wave your arms in the air and the character on the screen does too. Hence, Windmill! :)