Saturday, February 04, 2006

I learned something today.

Actually it was thurday. I got a ticket a week ago friday for my car not being inspected, so I set up an appointment for this friday and was to drop off my car thursday night so the car guys could inspect in on friday. Well, Jim & I agree to meet at the mechanic's so that he could give me a ride home, I go out to my car & it's stuck. I tried for several minutes to back it up, since the front tires were spinning, but I could not rock it, could not inch it left or right, nothing. I thought the brakes must have locked up from sitting. I had to give up & go page Jim so he'd stop waiting for me & come help unlock it.

Jim goes out and whacks at the brakes a little, but they don't seem to be locked. He gets out the jack and jacks up the left side and it lifts up and up and up and then with a *crack* the tire lifts from the ice. The right side ended up with one jack slipping sideways and another being required to get the first out, but we couldn't break the tire free, so with one out I got in and was able to move the car. We look and there are two almost perfect impressions of my treads, a good half inch deep.

MY CAR HAD FROZEN TO THE GROUND. Never had that happen before. :) I wonder if the guys on Car Talk would have figured that one out.

And here some pictures I found in my camera. Dork. :)

(Plus some I took :) )





























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. you're such a loser. on another note.. you might want to take the picture of my BREASTS off your webpage. thank you.

Anonymous said...

i think the armpit shot deserves a blue ribbon

Anonymous said...

can you say BIIIITCH