Friday, October 13, 2006

Caitlin's Garden 2006

Well, hopefully I'll do better next year... I say that every year!
I never got my tomatoes staked and had to pick them off the ground. I had a ton of cucumbers but didn't pickle any. And my giant tower of beans made a lot of beans, but not as many as I would have expected for such a looming structure. Next year maybe bean teepees. What's left of my entire crop of delicious turnip-shaped carrots is in the fridge in a bag - I had to pick them all because deer were. We ate some and they were delicious. The deer have moved on the the beets, which I guess I care less about. Not my carrots! :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed grazing in your garden sooo much.

Sweet snap peas, yummy cucumbers, tomatoes and green beans and squash and zuchinni.

mmm, it was fantastic.

It was a lovely garden. Wish it was closer to our kicthen right now.

big hug!
-k