Thursday, July 13, 2006

Kitty update + flower pics

I'm just back from my third morning spent at the vets.
I dropped Griffin off at the vet this morning on my way by with Morgan headed for a sonogram in Essex (my vet doesn't have sonogram & the xrays didn't show anything). Griffin was in a good mood but still gagging this morning so I had to bring her in. In the car she usually yowls bloody murder and this time she could barely squeak, so I knew she must have a very sore throat. So a sonogram of Morgan and poking and prodding of Griffin later, Morgan is empty - he didn't eat any string. They both have very inflamed sore throats and must have shared something very bad that Balthazar and Caesar did not get into at all. Racking my brains I can't figure out what, but the doc gave them a steroid shot to bring down the soreness and we'll give them pills when they feel a little better. I only wish I could figure out what they got into to make sure they can't do it again. At least no surgery for Morgan, which is a big relief.
*whuff* :(

On a lighter note, here are some pictures of the biggest scarlet monarda (bee balm) ever! If Jim looks a little wacky, it's probably because he didn't *want* to be used as a ruler. :)








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very relieved that the cats are not deathly ill . Could they be allergic to some of the paint fumes ? They both ate some of that oil . How could Balthazar escape ? Smarter barn cat ?
Beautiful flowers indeed I love the Ruler !!!
Smoochies , I called a lot today but you probably did not get the messages ... Smoochies , God bless , Maman

Pat & Reg said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I'm glad the kitties are doing well and it didn't cost you a fortune. Speedy recovery to both.

Signed,
That Strange Woman Who Reads Our Blog

Able Ponder said...

gorgeous flowers, caitlin.

-yer sister-in-law

Anonymous said...

I love bee balm! It's so pretty. Is anything new growing in the garden yet?
I'm so glad the kitties are okay. Fred has pulled through as well and is doing fine, although he was one very hot little kitty yesterday in the heat.

-Andrea

sitemaid said...

Remember there is no such thing as a "free cat" :-) I love your bee balm!
MsWebVT